Sunday, December 7, 2008

Not the size I expected...

I am really tired tonight, I got almost no sleep last night and was on the go all day today. There was a Christmas party brunch for the managers and upper ups of the company my husband works for..

A 'funny thing' happened to me in the store yesterday or last night rather.. it was strange.. totally unexpected and totally awesome!! It made me feel so good about myself and for once the trip to the store wasn't a nightmare and I didn't end up coming out feeling like I'm 12 sizes bigger than I actually am. My husband doesn't get the whole body image and perception thing, how it's not always about how other people see but rather how you see yourself and how you feel.

Anyway we went to the store to get a pair of pants for a brunch we had to go to today, I went in expecting to buy a pair in a size 14 if I was lucky but was realistically thinking I'd need a 16. Well I grabbed both sizes and went to the dressing room. I tried on the 14 first and was surprised to find them 'kind of' big on me. I showed my husband and commented that it was weird. He went off to try to find me a pair in size 12, just to see because the 14 were really loose in my hips and legs and sort of looked funny. He couldn't find a 12 and I was bummed figuring I'd have to find a different pair that I wouldn't like as much in that size.

My husband was like why don't you try the 10? I was like thats a big difference from a 14.. and I figured I wouldn't even get them past my hips.. but because I really liked those pants I agreed to try them. Well I am glad I did! Not only did they slide on up easy, they buttoned and I wasn't squeezed into them! I was totally shocked, enough so that I said. "Um.. they .. fit.." I was seriously amazed and stepped out to show my husband, going this is just weird.. I can't believe they fit. Of course he goes - I told you, you weren't fat. (ahh men, gotta love em lol!)

No comments: